Tuesday, February 24, 2009
February 21, 2009...The Fearsome Threesome is at it again. This time we traveled to Glasgow, Kentucky in the snow to watch a stage production of "Steel Magnolias" at the Plaza Theater (http://www.plaza.org/), first time visit for us all. Remember that 1989 movie that starred Julia Roberts, Dolly Parton, Sally Fields, etc, etc? Yep, it was funny like the movie...and sad of course when Shelby dies. The whole production takes place in Truvy's Beauty Salon. The woman portraying Truvy (movie-Dolly Parton) did a great job. She sounded just like Dolly! They all did an impressive job and we had a great time. Afterwards we ate at Colton's Steak House & Grill, first time for all of us there too. Check out the photo of Brookie and the "Tanglers" she ordered. You should've seen her eyes when her order came; she had no idea there would be so many Tanglers! Chris and I helped her out of course like only good friends would do! Our girls night out was great fun despite the cold and I'm looking forward to our next adventure!
"I find it amusing. Men are supposed to be made out of steel or something. I just sat there. I just held Shelby's hand. There was no noise, no tremble, just peace. Oh god. I realize as a woman how lucky I am. I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life and I was there when she drifted out. It was the most precious moment of my life." M'Lynn in Steel Magnolias
Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
10 Things I Love That Begin With The Letter *M*
1. The picture says it all....Mickey Mouse....don't we all love this mouse? You can't help but smile when you hang out with the mouse!
2. Mom...she's the best friend that will always be there no matter what. I love my MOM!
3. Mother-in-law...yikes...did I say that? Yes, I did. I have a wonderful Mother-in-law. Her name is Jewell Pritchett and she's as good as GOLD.
4. Milk...it does a body good! I love Milk! I drink skim milk. I buy 2 gallons about every 3 days. Yes, there are other people in my house who love it too! ( :
5. Macaroni...I love pasta! Jack says I could live on it. Yep, I could.
6. Malls...I love to go to a Mall! I don't have to be looking for anything in particular. I love to look and look. I can go home empty-handed and that's ok. I love to people watch too. Where else can you see so many hair colors and new fashion all at one place!?
7. Memories...I love the memories I have of family and friends. There are so many wonderful times etched in my heart!
8. M & M's...one of my favorite candies! I love plain or peanut! Just give me some now! Thanks Ethan for the peanut ones earlier today! I got into his Valentine bag from school!
9. Magazines...I love to read magazines as much as I do books! I have subscriptions to several. And I just ordered more through the school. I got 3 requests in the mail. So what do we have coming this time? Redbook, National Geographic and Sports Illustrated...guess which ones belong to who?!
10. Movies...I love to watch movies when I have time...at the theater or on Lifetime or the Hallmark Channel.
Friday, February 13, 2009
1. Ethan can jump rope. He's not just an ordinary jump roper. He can really get with it!
2. When Ethan was born, the doctor called CODE BLUE to his room. Ethan was fine, the doctor just wanted more nurses to help him and they weren't coming the normal way. For those of us standing at the door, we weren't breathing. Yes, we gave the doc a "good talking to."
3. Ethan loves books, especially ones about the states. One of his favorite places is Books-A-Million, just like his Aunt Cyndi.
4. Ethan Paul is named after his father, Jeffrey Paul, and his grandpa, Jerry Paul.
5. Ethan could live on Ramen noodles. Not kidding.
6. Ethan does not drink soda. Never has. He hates it. He only drinks milk, water and Gatorade and some juices.
7. Ethan can really carry a tune! He loves to sing and you'll hear him humming when he's just hanging around the house.
8. Ethan will not eat pepperoni on his pizza. He pulls them off and puts them in Aunt Cyndi's plate who is ever so happy to eat them.
9. Ethan is protective of his little brother Peyton who is 3 years old. If Peyton is crying after him, he will stay with him and not let him cry. And of course, Peyton thinks Ethan hung the moon.
10. Ethan also has a little sister, Paige who is 7 years old. She doesn't think Ethan hung the moon.