Friday, February 20, 2009

He's still got it!

February 14, 2009....What a night! Enjoyed my birthday present so much! My friend Rhonda and I traveled to Nashville to see Rick Springfield in concert at the Wildhorse Saloon. First we had supper at the Hard Rock where we watched someone propose to a woman. We're not sure if the person proposing was a man or woman, but needless to say they looked very happy! The opening act for Rick Springfield was Sick of Sarah. And by the time they left the stage, everyone was sick of Sick of Sarah! I hate to be mean, but they were really bad. When they announced they were singing their last song, the crowd went nuts! We were ready for Rick! He finally came on stage around 9:30 or so. He looked great and put on a great concert. Just as good as the one I saw back in '85. I can't believe he is 59! He did not stop for air. I only took 250 or so pictures! So I watched most of the concert through the lens of my camera! Hey, I also fit in very well with the crowd...the average age attending was 40-50 year old women! I'll end this with one of my favorite Rick songs..."Stand up, you got something to say, don't sit there and pout it, put your feet on the seat, stand up and shout it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Hi...welcome to my Corner! Not sure what will be here, but wanted to create my own space...seems to be the going thing and I enjoy reading everyone else's, so maybe someone out there will enjoy mine! Anyways, welcome and enjoy your stay!